Prepare the unknown concentration solution
- Place the unknown concentration solution in a conical flask using a calibrated pipette.
- Add a few drops of indicator into the unknown concentration solution.
Prepare the standard solution
- Fill a clean burette with the standard solution.
- Record the volume of the solution in the burette (First reading).
- The solution should be added dropwise from the burette while continually swirling the flask when the end-point is close.
- Record the volume of the solution in the burette (Final reading).
Prepare for analysis
- Repeat titration until concordant titres are achieved.
- Calculate the average of the concordant titers.
Points to consider about the titration procedure: