Control of Microbial Growth: Explore decontamination and selective toxicity
In this simulation, we explore decontamination techniques that can be used to control the growth of bacteria and other microorganisms. By testing the ability of a candidate drug to prevent bacterial growth we will also examine compounds useful in the fight against infections.
Below is a list of theory pages you may find useful.
- Controlling Microbial Growth
- Spaulding Classification
- Selective Toxicity
- Sterilization Methods
- Disinfection and Cleaning Methods
- Antisepsis Methods
- Antimicrobial Agents
- Non-selective antimicrobials
- Selective antimicrobials
- Testing Antimicrobial Susceptibility
- Zones of Inhibition
- Antimicrobial Mechanisms and Resistance
- Antimicrobial Targets