Stoichiometric Calculations: Identify a compound using gravimetric analysis
In this simulation, you will learn how to correlate mass, molecular weight and number of moles and apply these concepts to perform a gravimetric analysis.
Remember that you can access the theory section at any moment in your LabPad while playing the simulation.
Following is a list of all the relevant theory pages to boost your learning:
- The alkaline earth metals
- The chemical equation
- Gravimetric analysis
- Avogadro’s number and the concept of moles
- Calculating molecular weights
- The relationship between M, m and n
- Limiting and excess reagents
- Theoretical, experimental and percentage yield
- Conversion between moles and molarity
- Experimental thoroughness and accuracy
- Steps in performing a suction filtration
- Zumdahl, Chemistry, 5th Ed. (Houghton Mifflin 2000).